Week 13

 Happy 13th week of the Fall semester!


This week, I mainly focused on my final research paper and PowerPoint presentation. I have intense trepidation and excitement for the end-of-the-semester oral presentation; I may be overthinking it slightly, but I like to think of nerves as a sign that I care, so I will try to make it insightful and informative. :) 

Tomorrow (Friday), the research group and I will conduct Biolog metabolic profiles from a selected bacterial isolate derived from the BIO181 Petri dishes. The BIO181 course primarily focuses on the biological contaminants from the retrieved wastewater, and the BIO298 research group examines the chemical contaminants- a perfect collaboration!

I would like to select a Pseudomonas bacterial species because of its plastic degradation properties. Several species indicate biodegradation of PUR, PVC, PHB, and PHB plastics! (Caruso, G. 2015)

information derived from: 
Caruso G (2015) Plastic Degrading Microorganisms as a Tool for Bioremediation of Plastic Contamination in Aquatic Environments. J Pollut Eff Cont 3: e112 DOI: 10.4172/2375-4397. 1000e112

BTW, I have attached my favorite FTIR microplastic analysis below. 


Comments

Popular Posts