Week three

 Happy third week of the Fall semester, 

Due to Labor Day, I didn't make a massive increase in research. However, I decided to hyperfocus on three subtopics to enhance my understanding of the research- comprehending the complexity of microplastic chemistry (chemical composition and bonds), learning which enzymes from microbes degrade what, and the effects of improper water treatment on human and wildlife; specifically in the Endocrine and Reproductive systems. 

Also! Something incredibly exciting: I created my first TSA media in the lab on Wednesday with the guidance of the lab tech Marcus!! Although, I forgot to take photos. I need to remind myself to do that as we proceed with the semester. So, I placed a nice photo I found on Google to give insight into what it is :)



Comments

  1. Cassandra,
    I noticed that you wrote "improper water treatment" and its relationship with wildlife? This is what I did while I was at my REU internship in SC at Clemson. The effects of treated water are serious, because of the human excreta. This is also observable through the Phosphorus P-Flow diagram. Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts