Week two

 Good morning, 

    This week was more eventful for me. I completed reading scientific articles focused on the research I am interested in, and it yielded a plethora of unknown information: water, agriculture, wildlife, human health, microplastics, and microorganisms are all intertwined and impacting one another. I will continue to research further into the topics I found most intriguing- human side effects (particularly the Endocrine and Reproductive systems), microorganisms degradation of certain types of microplastics, and CECs (Concerning Emerging Contaminants.)

I was also graciously able to shadow the lab tech, Marcus. I learned how to create TSA (Tryptic Soy Agar) media and about the lab's autoclave machine by executing the procedure myself! I am ecstatic about any new learning material that I will be experiencing throughout this program.



Comments

Popular Posts